The original recipe calls for the filling to be placed by spoonfuls into the crescent rolls, but I found it a pain in the butt to fold them, so I have made this recipe into a layered casserole! If you would like to try making bundles, just put a heaping tablespoon of the chicken and cheese into the center of each flattened triangle, and then fold the triangle as if you are folding a cloth diaper (fold in the two long points and then the short point over the filling), and pinch together the edges to seal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Separate the crescent rolls into 8 triangles; flatten and stretch each one out.
- 3Line an 8x8-inch pan with 4 of the triangles (keeping 2 triangles as a rectangle will help them to fit perfectly- you will end up with 2 rectangles in the bottom of the pan).
- 4Sprinkle the chicken and most of the shredded cheese over the crescent"rectangles".
- 5Reserve some cheese for topping off the entire dish.
- 6Create 2 more rectangles from the remaining 4 crescent triangles and place them on top of the chicken and cheese.
- 7Mix together the chicken broth and the Cream of Chicken soup; pour over crescent rectangles.
- 8Sprinkle any left-over cheese on top.
- 9Bake at 350° for one hour, until the crescents are golden brown.
- 10Cut into about 6 servings, or whatever number fits your family!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bundles Layered Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 847.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: