Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe from Kellogg's in a magazine about 30 years ago and still make it. It takes a little prep work, but worth every minute. The All-Bran adds crunch and flavor so don't leave it out. Great company dish and can easily be doubled. I serve these with a simple white sauce.
- 1 cup Kellogg's all-bran cereal
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pimentos, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- To make filling, combine 1/4 cup of the cereal, 2 tbsp nuts, 3 tbsp butter and remaining ingredients, except for crescent rolls. Crush remaining cereal to coarse crumbs and mix well with remaining nuts to make nut mixture.
- Separate rolls into 4 squares (2 triangles each), pressing perforations together. Place 1/3 cup of the filling on each square. Gather the corners together, pinching to seal on top. Brush with remaining butter and roll in
- nut mixture. Put on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 deg. about 25 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with white sauce, if desired.