Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
A bit changed from "authentic" dish, but has always been a favorite in my family. Very good asian alternative for those who don't eat pork or beef.
- Cut chicken (or beef) into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- In container or bowl w/ tight fitting lid, mix together soy sauce, sugar, oil, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir till sugar is mostly disolved.
- add chicken and onion.
- stir till coated.
- cover and refrigerate for 30min to overnight.
- (30 min is plenty for chicken, for beef 2-3 hours is fine.) cook rice according to package directions.
- set aside.
- Heat wok or deep fry pan with cooking spray over med heat.
- Remove chicken from mixture with slotted spoon.
- Cook chicken till done.
- Add to wok/pan the marinade.
- Heat through.
- serve over rice, spooning sauce over in desired amount.
- Green beans make a wonderful side dish for this, and round it out nicely.