Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cuisine at Home/Cuisine Lite
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed eggplants (I peel it)
- 4 ounces dry bucatini pasta or 4 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups Baby Spinach (3 oz.)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked shredded skinless chicken breasts (8 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in onion; saute 2 minutes.
- Add in garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in eggplant and cook until eggplant begins to soften, 3-5 minutes.
- Add pasta to pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Add wine to eggplant mixture; simmer until liquid is almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and tomato paste; simmer until mixture begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Add in spinach by the handful, stirring until wilted.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken; cook until heated through.
- Season mixture with vinegar, pepper, and salt; taste and adjust accordingly.
- Drain pasta and divide evenly among 4 dishes or bowls.
- Top each serving with eggplant sauce.
- Per serving-285 cal, 4 g fat, 5 g fiber.