1 hr 5 mins
Cuisine at Home/Cuisine Lite
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed eggplants (I peel it)
- 4 ounces dry bucatini pasta or 4 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups Baby Spinach (3 oz.)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked shredded skinless chicken breasts (8 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- 2Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- 3Add in onion; saute 2 minutes.
- 4Add in garlic; saute 1 minute.
- 5Stir in eggplant and cook until eggplant begins to soften, 3-5 minutes.
- 6Add pasta to pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- 7Add wine to eggplant mixture; simmer until liquid is almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in broth and tomato paste; simmer until mixture begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- 9Add in spinach by the handful, stirring until wilted.
- 10Stir in tomatoes and chicken; cook until heated through.
- 11Season mixture with vinegar, pepper, and salt; taste and adjust accordingly.
- 12Drain pasta and divide evenly among 4 dishes or bowls.
- 13Top each serving with eggplant sauce.
- 14Per serving-285 cal, 4 g fat, 5 g fiber.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bucatini With Eggplant Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken breasts