This is my first post so I'm not brave enough to submit one of my own efforts. This is, basically, a Jill Dupleix recipe from a recent delicious. magazine. I love B'stilla and this is a great, quick, easy way to make it. I use extra ginger & saffron - almost double. Hope you enjoy it:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g cooked chicken
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon rind, chopped (or grated lemon rind)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, & extra to dust
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, & extra to dust
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock or 1 tablespoon water
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry (refrigerated is easier to use than frozen)
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Shred chicken meat & toss with both eggs, parsley, coriander, preserved or plain lemon, ginger, saffron, icing sugar & cinnamon.
- 3Season with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Combine cornflour, lemon juice, stock or water & toss with chicken mixture.
- 5Lay 1 sheet of filo on a work surface & brush with melted butter. Lay another sheet on top & brush with the melted butter.
- 6Repeat with all remaining filo, saving a little butter.
- 7Arrange the filling in a sausage shape lengthways along one side of the pastry, leaving 4cm at either end.
- 8Fold the ends over the filling then gently roll into a log shape.
- 9Place, join side down, on a baking tray lined with baking paper & brush with reserved melted butter.
- 10Bake for 30 mins or until golden.
- 11Dust with extra icing sugar & cinnamon, cut diagonally into slices with a serrated knife & serve hot.
- 12This goes well with Roast Vegies with Harissa, or with tabbouleh, smokey eggplant dip, hummous, pita bread etc.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken B'stilla Roll
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.3
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 229.5 mg
- Sodium 316.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 37.3 g