Recipe by hollyberry117
I got this recipe from Robbie's Recipes (recipes.robbiehaf.com). They have a lot of good copycat dishes. This is my favorite meal from Carrabba's. Great with bruschetta and fettuccini tossed with olive oil & garlic. ENJOY!
Top Review by bobby bouche
close to the recipe, but not quite right. First of all, you dont brush the chicken with olive oil, but with a grill baste. the baste is primarily equal parts pomace olive oil and butter, balsamic vinegar, a splash of white wine vinegar, garlic, and a bit of parsely. The seasoning is not just salt and pepper, but rather salt, black pepper, dried oregano, crushed red pepper and dried basil. As far as the lemon butter, the recipe IS correct, except you need twice the amount of butter as described. That is why it tastes so harsh when made by this recipe. Also, as an important note, when making your reduction for the lemon butter sauce, you need to reduce it until it looks like oatmeal and begins to carmalize slightly. Then, while the reduction is still hot add your butter SLOWLY at first, and once the emulsion begins to take form you can add the rest of the butter. How do I know? I used to work there.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup cold butter, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces caprino cheese or 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Stir wine and lemon juce into skillet, increase heat to medium-high, and simmer to reduce by half.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cold butter, one slice at a time.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, kosher salt, and white pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Grill chicken over hot coals (or bake in oven) 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- A couple of minutes before chicken is done, place equal amounts of cheese on each breast.
- Spoon prepared sun-dried tomato sauce over chicken.