Barb Gertz's Note:
A tasty Chicken Salad served on a bed of greens. Prep time does not include marinating time. The recipe comes from Zigato's Restaurant in Sacramento and KCRA TV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Spanish olives, cut in halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb organic mixed greens
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine Marinade ingredients (except Chicken breast).
- 2Put marinade on chicken& marinade overnight.
- 3Grill chicken on BBQ or in broiler oven.
- 4Chill well, cut into strips and return to refrigerator.
- 5Prep tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and olives, combining with remaining salad ingredients except Spring Greens.
- 6Marinate for 2 hours.
- 7Toss chicken strips.
- 8Serve atop a bed of spring greens with a garnish of fresh herbs sprigs.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bruschetta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.6
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.0 mg
- Sodium 546.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 53.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: