Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very yummy chicken dish that is super fast and simple to assemble. I think this one is from Cooking Light. This is another that works great as a freezer meal. Assemble, freeze...cook when ready! Note: Chicken builloon changed to 1 teaspoon.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup prepared stuffing, dry
- 2 cups diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Too cook immediately.
- Cube chicken and place in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the basil, salt, pepper and mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Layer this mixture over the chicken and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
- To freeze.
- Cube chicken and place in a quart size freezer bag. Seal.
- Place basil, salt, pepper and cheese in a quart size bag;shake;seal.
- Place stuffing, pepper and Italian seasoning in a quart size bag. Seal.
- Place diced tomatoes, garlic, and bouillon in a quart size bag seal.
- Place all the baggies into a large freezer bag, print the recipe and place inside as well. Squeeze all the air out. Seal; put in your freezer.
- When you are ready to cook, thaw overnight in fridge then follow the cooking instructions. Layer just like stated, adding the tomato mixture last.
- Note: The stuffing will not be a crunchy topping, It absorbs the juices of the tomatoes and has more of a cooked stuffing texture.