Recipe by Lainey6605
I like this recipe because it has the usual bruschetta toppings and is light and kind of tangy. You can serve it with a salad, but it is a healthy meal by itself. I get rave reviews whenever I serve it.
Top Review by Stephanie Z.
This was a great way to dress up chicken! I'm not a fan of garlic powder, so I just seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper and grilled it up on my cast iron grill pan. I also used squash in place of mushrooms..it was more of a warm zucchini/squash slaw than a bruschetta, but the flavors still worked very well. Thanks Lainey!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine garlic powder, 1/4 t salt, and 1/8 t pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle chicken with garlic powder mixture. Place the chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and broil for 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove the chicken from pan, and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/4 t salt, mushrooms, zucchini and minced garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add 1/8 t pepper, tomato, onion, basil and vinegar, saute 3 minutes.
- Serve the vegetable mixture over the chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/2 cup vegetables and 1 T cheese.