I like this recipe because it has the usual bruschetta toppings and is light and kind of tangy. You can serve it with a salad, but it is a healthy meal by itself. I get rave reviews whenever I serve it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Combine garlic powder, 1/4 t salt, and 1/8 t pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle chicken with garlic powder mixture. Place the chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and broil for 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove the chicken from pan, and keep warm.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/4 t salt, mushrooms, zucchini and minced garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add 1/8 t pepper, tomato, onion, basil and vinegar, saute 3 minutes.
- 4Serve the vegetable mixture over the chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/2 cup vegetables and 1 T cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.6 mg
- Sodium 473.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 33.0 g