This is a nice chicken dish from Pillsbury Best Family Meals from the Bake-Off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 127.57 g jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chopped red onion
- 118.29 ml loosely packed chopped fresh basil
- 3 medium Italian plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 19.71 ml balsamic vinegar
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 28.34 g shredded fresh parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- fresh basil sprig, if desired
- 1Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken breast halves with garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; place on sprayed broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 12 to 16 minutes or until fork-tender and juices run clear, turning once.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is tender, stirring occasionally. Add onion, chopped basil, tomatoes, vinegar and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 30 to 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
- 3To serve, arrange chicken on individual plates. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top each serving with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with basil sprigs.
- 4High Altitude (above 3500 feet):.
- 5Broil chicken 16 to 20 minutes.
- 7Ingredient Info:.
- 8Italian plum tomatoes, also called Roma tomatoes, are small oval fruits prized for their low moisture and high flavor. These characteristics make them perfect for canning, sauce and toppings; other tomatoes can make pizza and bruschetta soggy.
- 9Ingredient Substitutions:.
- 10To boost Italian flavor, use fresh garlic on the chicken breasts; mince 1 or 2 cloves and rub into poultry.
- 11Another Italian grating cheese can be used in place of the Parmesan; try Asiago or Romano.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 616.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 31.6 g