Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice chicken dish from Pillsbury Best Family Meals from the Bake-Off.
Make and share this Chicken Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
- 3 medium Italian plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce shredded fresh parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- fresh basil sprig, if desired
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken breast halves with garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; place on sprayed broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 12 to 16 minutes or until fork-tender and juices run clear, turning once.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is tender, stirring occasionally. Add onion, chopped basil, tomatoes, vinegar and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 30 to 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, arrange chicken on individual plates. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top each serving with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with basil sprigs.
- High Altitude (above 3500 feet):.
- Broil chicken 16 to 20 minutes.
- Ingredient Info:.
- Italian plum tomatoes, also called Roma tomatoes, are small oval fruits prized for their low moisture and high flavor. These characteristics make them perfect for canning, sauce and toppings; other tomatoes can make pizza and bruschetta soggy.
- Ingredient Substitutions:.
- To boost Italian flavor, use fresh garlic on the chicken breasts; mince 1 or 2 cloves and rub into poultry.
- Another Italian grating cheese can be used in place of the Parmesan; try Asiago or Romano.
Very nice flavor, i loved this! I left out vinegar and mushrooms per my taste, and added extra cheese. Loved the blend of light fresh tastes in this, it would work very nice for a summer company chicken dish. Thanks for posting!
Made this as a chicken dinner to take to a neighbor couple for whom I sometimes cook, & they were most appreciative, & with the leftovers, as well! As with many of these kinds of gifts/dinners, I also gave them a copy of the recipe! Just keepin' the neighbors happy, thanks to your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for the lazyme cook-a-thon]