1/2 Photos of Chicken Brunswick Stew (Paula Deen)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I'm a fan of Paula Deen of the Food Network--good food on the table quick. It looked on TV, but when I set out to make it myself, I wasn't sure of this list of ingredients, not being from the south myself. I had never heard of Brunswick Stew, but after trying it, I'll definitely be making it again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer chickens
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sugar (or less(I didn't use any)
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- celery salt
- cooked rice, as accompaniment
- 1Place chicken in a large pot and add enough water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Turn heat down and simmer until chicken is falling-off-the-bone done (about 45 minutes).
- 4Drain chicken, reserving 2 cups of the stock.
- 5When chicken cools, remove the skin and bones and chop meat.
- 6In clean pot, mix remaining ingredients with chopped chicken and 1 cup of the reserved stock.
- 7If stew becomes to thick, add additional stock.
- 8Serve over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Brunswick Stew (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.0
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 141.8 mg
- Sodium 1293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: