Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
So very good and very filling. This another family cookbook favorite. Could make this once a week and be extremely happy. Of course all of these I post on here are favorites to the whole family.When you have young ones in the house, good recipes are keepers.
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 1⁄2 ounces white shoepeg corn
- 10 ounces frozen butter beans
- 1 lb canned tomato
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 -3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Place chicken in Dutch oven or other heavy stock pot.
- Add enough water to cover well.
- Add onion, celery, salt and pepper.
- Boil until chicken comes off the bone easily.
- Remove chicken to cool.
- To pot add corn, butter beans, tomatoes, potatoes, ketchup and vinager.
- Cook 2 hours or until tender.
- Remove chicken from bones and add to vegetables along with Worchestershire sauce, Tabasco, marjoram and butter.
- Heat through and serve.
This was really good! Very flavorful! I fixed it in my pressure cooker for about 40 minutes. I used one chicken breast and a ham bone that I had in my freezer with about 3 cups of water along with the onion, stewed tomatoes, catsup, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, tabasco and brown sugar. When tender I removed the meat and I used canned butter beans, lima beans, and a can of corn that I drained along with the celery and majoram and potatoes and cooked for an extra three minutes in the pressure cooker. When finished, I added back in the meat. Yum!
Awesome recipe - my whole family loved this! I left out the Lima beans because my wife doesn't like them, but otherwise followed the recipe.