Recipe by Nicole Brummett
A great little casserole for brunches or any meal. I got this one from Quick Cooking magazine.
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup diced pimiento (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth.
- Add chicken, rice, pimentos (if desired), parsley, and salt (if desired); mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Pour eggs over all.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until a knife inserted comes out clean.