Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This one is a bit healthier and there is no cream soup in it. You can add or remove vegetables and it will still be good.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 (40 g) package onion soup mix
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms (optional)
- 4 cups water or 4 cups broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs chicken pieces (drumsticks or boneless or whatever)
- In casserole dish, mix together all ingredients except chicken.
- Place chicken on top.
- Cover and bake at 350º-400º for 1 hour 15 minutes or until rice and chicken are cooked.
Good easy recipe, came out great. I also added turmeric, garlic, and basil, as well as a can of fire roasted tomatoes. Also I noticed the macros aren't right for fat content, stating 11mg of fat coming from 2 cups of brown rice.?
I love this and always keep coming back to it. Thank you!
This was a great no hassle recipe. I was looking for a quick one dish chicken meal with rice and no dairy products. I didn't have brown rice so I used white; no onion soup mix I put soy sauce oregano and paprika; I put 2 cups white wine and 2 cups water and skipped the green pepper. The results were excellent with the rice coming out like a pilau with the mushrooms and onion - great! It did miss the onion soup mix a bit - next time I'll try to substitute curry powder - I think the results will be awesome. Thanks for posting!