Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I have made this recipe for years. I guess it is my "best kept secret" for flavor but since my kids have convinced me to put all my family recipes on zaar here it is.
- 4 tablespoons sysco chicken base or 4 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 -5 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried green pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon margarine (optional) or 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons angostura aromatic bitters
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium sauce pan add chicken base and water. If boullion cubes add the water.
- If canned chicken broth, add the 1/2 tsp salt and add a little more water to make 4-5 cups of broth.
- Low heat and stirl until dissolved. Add white pepper, cilantro or parsley flakes, onion or pepper flakes, margarine if desired also.
- Cook for about 7 minutes on low heat. Stir in bitters the last two minutes of cooking.
- Serve as a first course for a meal.
- Pour broth over partially cooked wide egg noodles and cook until noodles ala dente. e
- Meal Additions: Add cooked rice.
- Add cooked cubed chicken.
- Add minced raw celery
- Add water chesnut strips.
- Add Roasted Red Peppers.
- Any and all of these can be used.
- To thicken, stir 1 tblsp cornstarch to 1/2 cup water and add to broth and stir until thickened.