Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Lorna Sass's book "The Pressured Cook"
- 3 lbs chicken carcasses, rinsed chicken wings, backs, bones and necks
- 8 cups cold water
- 2 large carrots, cleaned and chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, cleaned and cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley (Italian)
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- Place chicken and water in PC, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Using a large spoon or skimmer, remove and discard any froth that has formed on the surface.
- Lock lid in place.
- Over high heat, bring PC to high pressure.
- Lower heat to maintain pressure and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat (if you have the time let pressure drop naturally - about 15-20 min) and quick release the pressure by running the PC under cold running water.
- Tilt the PC away from you, unlock and remove lid.
- Allow stock to cool slightly, strain stock pressing the chicken and vegetables to remove all their liquid.
- Discard solids and pour stock into storage containers.
- Refrigerate containers for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.