Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Everything you need to make a meal, just add cooked chicken pieces or cubes and water. You don't have to add meat. The longer the broth cooks, the more intense flavor. I have given this as gifts to neighbors for years. A perfect gift for new moms,ill friends, shower gift and holiday giving.
- 3 -4 cups dry egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon dried celery
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 tablespoon alpine touch seasoning (garlic, salt & pepper)
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart cold water plus 1 cup water
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed or 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine (optional) or 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stock pot bring two quarts water to a boil, carefully lift out & add dry egg noodles and cook until ala dente.
- While noodles are cooking, pour the remaining contents of the jar into a large cooking pot and add the cold water.
- Stir until mixed.
- Bring to a simmer, add the cooked chicken and margarine,if desired.
- Add the cooked noodles.
- If the sauce is too thick for you add a little water.Finish cooking the noodles. Heat and serve.
- To pack in the Jar:.
- Add cornstarch.
- Dried onions.
- Dried celery.
- Dried cilantro.
- Alpine Touch seasoning or a mix of garlic salt and pepper, dried.
- Chicken broth granules.
- Place a square of plastic wrap after the granules.
- Then, the dry egg noodles.
- I use Miracle Whip quart jars, mayonnaise jars with regular and wide mouth lids and seals. If lids and seals are unavailable, you can use plastic wrap and cover the top with cotton material and a tight ribbon on the rim.