1/2 Photos of Chicken Broth, Noodles & Vegetables in a Jar
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Everything you need to make a meal, just add cooked chicken pieces or cubes and water. You don't have to add meat. The longer the broth cooks, the more intense flavor. I have given this as gifts to neighbors for years. A perfect gift for new moms,ill friends, shower gift and holiday giving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cups dry egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon dried celery
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon alpine touch seasoning (garlic, salt & pepper)
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart cold water plus 1 cup water
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed or 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine (optional) or 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1In large stock pot bring two quarts water to a boil, carefully lift out & add dry egg noodles and cook until ala dente.
- 3While noodles are cooking, pour the remaining contents of the jar into a large cooking pot and add the cold water.
- 4Stir until mixed.
- 5Bring to a simmer, add the cooked chicken and margarine,if desired.
- 6Add the cooked noodles.
- 7If the sauce is too thick for you add a little water.Finish cooking the noodles. Heat and serve.
- 8To pack in the Jar:.
- 9Add cornstarch.
- 10Dried onions.
- 11Dried celery.
- 12Dried cilantro.
- 13Alpine Touch seasoning or a mix of garlic salt and pepper, dried.
- 14Chicken broth granules.
- 15Place a square of plastic wrap after the granules.
- 16Then, the dry egg noodles.
- 17I use Miracle Whip quart jars, mayonnaise jars with regular and wide mouth lids and seals. If lids and seals are unavailable, you can use plastic wrap and cover the top with cotton material and a tight ribbon on the rim.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Broth, Noodles & Vegetables in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 603.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: