Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
have pre-made chicken broth on hand in the freezer anytime you need it!
- 2 -3 chicken carcasses (fat, bone & skin)
- 10 cups water
- 3 celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 8 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 5 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- add all ingredients to a large pot and fill with water 4 inches above all ingredients.
- Bring to a low boil and cook covered for 3 hours.
- strain and freeze in large ziplock bags.
- for a quick dinner i’ll pick up a pre-cooked chicken at the store and add to broth with veggies to make soup.
- then i can freeze the carcass along with the ends of any fresh veggies i’ve used for other dishes…that way i’m able to make a batch of broth any time i’m about to run out.
- you can also use chicken breast or thighs to make the broth and then save the shredded chicken for numerous other dishes. i like to use it for chicken tostadas!