Recipe by HMILLE8067
This is a slightly healthier version of Chicken Alfredo. In my opinion, it taste amazing, but feel free to let me know if you don't like it. Constructive criticism is welcome, as long as there are no rude comments.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled & chopped (I used my Foreman Grill)
- 2 cups roasted broccoli florets
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Boil noodles, drain and set aside.
- 2) In medium sauce pan, heat evoo over medium-low heat. Add garlic & cook till golden. Whisk in flour till smooth. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, Greek yogurt, milk, pepper, & nutmeg. Bring to low boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat & simmer till mixture thickens. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesian cheese.
- 3) Add cooked chicken & brocolli to sauce, followed my cooked pasta. Toss to combine & serve with remaining Parmesian cheese.
- *Note: On the George Foreman grill, the chicken breasts take 8-10 minutes, depending on thickness. Make sure to cook meat thoroughly, not even a hint of pink in the middle.
- **Note: I usually start making the sauce while the noodles are boiling so they don't wind up cooling while waiting on the sauce to finish.
- ***Note: I've made this recipe with broiled brocolli and it turned out great.