Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home Magazine April 2006 I've not tried this yet (1/08) but want to keep this for an idea for a spring/summer meal.
- 4 cups broccoli florets, fresh
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves, toasted (I'll use almonds)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- Cook broccoli by steaming (microwave or stovetop) for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Drain broccoli and rinse in cold water; then pat dry with paper towels.
- Divide romaine lettuce among four salad plates.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, apple and broccoli; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto romaine.
- Sprinkle with pecans and raisins.
This salad is a delight! Filling and healthy with great flavor. I used regular raisins instead of golden and mixed them in with the dressing mixture so they would soften up a bit. Great way to use leftover chicken - really loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!