Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite chicken casserole. Perfect size for serving two.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast (cooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup penne (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch dried red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, macaroni, & cheese.
- Wisk the soup, broth, garlic powder, peppers, & pepper; stir into chicken mix.
- Transfer to a greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Bake uncovered @ 350F for 30 minute.
- Stir & bake 25-30 min longer or until chicken juices run clear and macaroni is tender.
- Let stand 5 minute.
I doubled this recipe for my son's band. I made as directed other then I didn't add the red pepper flakes. I also added more cheese then the recipe called for as you can never have enough cheese. Everyone enjoyed it but thought it needed salt and some more pepper. Made for Fall PAC 2008.