Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I have had in one of my recipe books from years ago. Not sure where I got the recipe but it is a easy recipe to put together. Great with My Secret Shrimp Sauce Recipe I use a electric wok but you can make this in a large pan on the stove.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut into floweretts
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (5 ounce) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl combine chicken pieces, soy sauce and oil. Blend to cover chicken and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Bring 1 cup of water in microwave to a boil and place chicken bouillon cube in and stir well.
- In a electric skillet or large pan, add broccoli and 1/2cup of chicken broth. Simmer on medium low for 5 minutes. Push up side of wok.
- Increase heat to medium high and add chicken pieces and sprinkle dash of garlic powder over chicken. Stir fry til tender. Push up beside broccoli.
- Add margarine, let melt and add sliced mushrooms. Stir fry til tender.
- Bring chicken, broccoli, and mushrooms down from sides and add bamboo shoots and stir all together.
- Combine lemon juice, cornstarch,1/2c chicken broth, stir to blend and pour over stir fry mixture. Heat til thicken, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds and Serve over white cooked rice or chow mein noodles.
Very good recipe, It's a no frills solid meal. I used flour instead of starch and left out the bamboo shoots. I suggest using a big enough pan as space can be an issue when pusing meat and veggies up the sides. Also step 7 fails to mention the addition of the soy sauce in the bowl, which is a main ingredient.
Hi! Marsha, This is a very good stir fry recipe. The only thing I added was chopped mushrooms.Very easy to make and enjoy with friends. Thanks