Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken is a great addition to one of my all-time favorite soups.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 bunches broccoli, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-high flame.
- Add flour and stir constantly to form a thick paste.
- Set aside.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, combine water, bouillon, chicken, broccoli, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 45 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in flour paste slowly until completely blended to thicken soup.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly add sour cream, stirring constantly.
- Mix well.
- Add cheese 1 cup at a time and stir until completely melted.