Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very tasty, one dish meal. Even broccoli haters will like this. My DH is not a fan of broccoli, but he likes this (at least I think he eats the broccoli, unless he slips it to the dog when I'm not looking!!!
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 1⁄4 cups Velveeta cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- crushed potato chips, for topping
- Cook rice-a-roni according to pkg directions cook broccoli Put 1st 4 ingredients in order in a 9X13 pan Combine soup, milk& butter Pour soup mixture over chicken mixture Bake 350 for 40 minutes uncovered Place crushed potato chips on& bake 15 min longer.
This was really good and went over well with my family. A couple changes that I made: two boxes of rice-a-roni, 3 chicken breasts, and eliminated the butter. It cooked up very nicely.
I have found heaven! This recipe is really easy and so tasty! I had some of the basics on hand already. I did not have milk, so I used heavy cream (I know, I know....). I also used buttered panko crumbs as I did not have any potato chips. I threw the broccoli in frozen as I did not want it to overcook. This was so yummy...rich, but yummy.
This was good. A little rich and I omitted the butter and chips, but good comfort food.