1/5 Photos of Chicken Broccoli Rice and Cheese Casserole
3/18/13. I've updated this recipe to include alternate choices for the canned chicken the original recipe called for. Lately, I've been using store bought rotisserie chicken. I've seen a lot of recipes for broccoli, cheese and rice casseroles. However, this takes it from a side dish to a main meal casserole. It fills up the sink with dirty dishes, but that is the only draw back. You can make umpteen variations to customize the taste to your liking. I will offer substitution possibilities in the instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain 2 cans of chicken breast meat (You can substitute home boiled chicken or rotisserie- just chop it small).
- 2Boil broccoli till tender; drain.
- 3Boil rice. (You can substitute a packet of broccoli cheese rice mix such as Lipton's. Depending on amount of rice you want, might want to make two packets).
- 4Melt margarine in large frying pan. Saute onions till glassy. Add both soups and stir well. Add cheese and mix till melted. Remove from heat.
- 5Lightly grease a 13 x 9 glass dish.
- 6Spread rice evenly over bottom of dish.
- 7Spread broccoli over rice layer.
- 8Pour 1/3 of cheese sauce over the broccoli and rice and spread evenly.
- 9Spread chicken on top of cheese sauce and top with remaining sauce.
- 10If desired, sprinkle more shredded cheese on top.
- 11Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Broccoli Rice and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.9
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 923.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.3 g