Recipe by colecancook
One of my many "hurry up and get something on the table" recipes, composed of anything I find in the cupboard and fridge. :) Could also use shells, bowties, or mini lasagne pastas.
- 1 (1 lb) box campanelle pasta (I like Barilla)
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken breasts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to boil in pot. Then add pasta cook according to package directions. Approx 10 minute Drain saving 1/4c of cooking liquid. And put pasta and liquid back into pot.
- Cook bacon in fry pan until crispy, put on paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 tbs fat from pan. Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Put broccoli into hot fat and toss to coat. Saute 1 min then add 1/4 c broth from pot and canned chicken. Put on lid and steam until tender.
- Dump broccoli and chicken into pasta and add cheeses, stir to combine and melt cheeses. Stir in bacon and enjoy.