Recipe by BakinBaby
A great way to use a whole or leftover rotisserie chicken. The addition of cheese-garlic and semi soft garlic herb cheese and sun dried tomatoes enhances the chicken and broccoli. Found in BetterHome & Gardens.
Top Review by Lori Mama
High marks for speed of assembly, but we found that it was lacking in some kind of seasoning. Perhaps a bit of garlic? I used a whole grain pasta to boost the nutrition value a bit and I added a little more milk for the sauce. Made for Everyday Holiday tag game. :)
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta (dry)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (frozen is fine)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1 (5 ounce) package garlic & herb spreadable cheese (semi soft)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil (drained or snipped)
- Italian parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (as garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta, add broccoli during last 3 minute of cooking time, when al dente remove, drain. pasta and broccoli.
- While pasta is cooking, remove meat from chicken, coarsely chop.
- In the same pan you cooked the pasta, combine cheese, milk and tomatoes; cook until cheese begins to melt.
- Add pasta and chicken, heat thoroughly, season with fresh ground pepper; add parsley right before removing from heat.
- If the mixture needs to be thinned, add a tad more milk.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese or Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese if desired.