Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great way to use a whole or leftover rotisserie chicken. The addition of cheese-garlic and semi soft garlic herb cheese and sun dried tomatoes enhances the chicken and broccoli. Found in BetterHome & Gardens.
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta (dry)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (frozen is fine)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1 (5 ounce) package garlic & herb spreadable cheese (semi soft)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil (drained or snipped)
- Italian parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (as garnish)
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta, add broccoli during last 3 minute of cooking time, when al dente remove, drain. pasta and broccoli.
- While pasta is cooking, remove meat from chicken, coarsely chop.
- In the same pan you cooked the pasta, combine cheese, milk and tomatoes; cook until cheese begins to melt.
- Add pasta and chicken, heat thoroughly, season with fresh ground pepper; add parsley right before removing from heat.
- If the mixture needs to be thinned, add a tad more milk.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese or Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese if desired.
High marks for speed of assembly, but we found that it was lacking in some kind of seasoning. Perhaps a bit of garlic? I used a whole grain pasta to boost the nutrition value a bit and I added a little more milk for the sauce. Made for Everyday Holiday tag game. :)
Loved this recipe for a "meatless Monday" main dish. Used a box of multigrain farfalle, 2 packages of frozen vegetables (one broccoli cuts, one California mix which includes cauliflower and carrots), left over low fat vegetable cream cheese spread from a Panera's bagel run, plus a little cream. Didn't have tomatoes, but sprinkled on some red pepper flakes, garlic powder and freshly grated parmesan and black pepper. My husband didn't even notice there was no meat!
I didn't have to turn the oven on for this delicious dish - that's a bonus in this heat! This one pot dish was delicious and easy to put together. I used rotini because I always use Smart Pasta, I also used low fat cream cheese, and 1% milk. I couldn't find the tomatoes in oil, so I just rehydrated some dry ones. Made for Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks! :)