Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a family favorite recipe that is quick and easy enough for me to prepare after work. I also like to prepare this dish in disposable foil pans to give to new mothers or anyone in need of comfort food.
Top Review by Malriah
I used cream of broccoli soup, sauteed the broccoli in butter with some garlic and red pepper flakes then assembled as written. It was really yummy and SO fast! This will definately be in my regular rotation!
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling, salted water until almost tender, drain.
- Mix soup and milk, add to noodles and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a 2 qt casserole, arrange 1/3 of the noodles, top with all of the broccoli.
- Top with 1/3 of the noodles, then with all of the chicken.
- Cover with remaining noodles.
- Mix butter with bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake uncovered at 350° until brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.