Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very good comfort food. I got this off the back of a box of pasta about 19 years ago.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, chopped, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti, cooked and cooled to handle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1c. cheese, chicken, broccoli, bread crumbs, and egg. Mixing well.
- Fill pasta shells and set aside.
- Mix soup and milk together.
- Cover bottom of 9x13 baking pan with 1/2 the soup mix.
- Place stuffed pasta in a single layer on the soup mix.
- Pour the rest of the soup mix on top of the pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
- Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining 1c. shredded cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 5-7 minutes.
I made a mistake when making this recipe but it actually turned out well and with extra sauce. I put a can of cream of mushroom in with the chicken/broccoli mixture. When I realized what I did, I went ahead a made the soup/milk mixture and put it in the bottom of the pan. It actually gave the recipe more sauce which I think would have been dry without the soup in with the chicken.
Made this when we had friends over for dinner... a big hit with everyone! We all had seconds... some even had thirds! A creamy comfort food...thanks for the recipe!