Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in a 1996 Bet Sigma Phi "Let's Party" cookbook. I'm not the sorority type, but they sure have some great recipes...This is really just a twist on the classic brocolli rice casserole, but oh so much yummier!!
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley (fresh or dry)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced, sauteed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 bunch broccoli floret, cooked tender-crisp (frozen cooked ok)
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- butter or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start to cook the chicken (dice it up later) and the brocolli and saute the mushrooms over medium heat with either olive oil or butter until tender (10 minutes or so).
- Combine the soups, garlic salt, sour cream, mushrooms, chicken, onion and broccoli in a bowl and mix well.
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking pan oiled or sprayed, layer a 1/3 of the chicken mixture and three lasagna noodles, another 1/3 of chicken mixture and a 1/3 of the cheeses (keep them separate or mix them), another three noodles, a layer of chicken mixture and a 1/3 of the cheeses, then the last three noodles and the last of the chicken mixture and then the last of the cheeses. Then top with your preferred amount of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for 25 or 30 minutes; then remove foil and bake for another 15 or 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This is an excellent recipe! Thanks for posting it. The only change I made was to exchange 8 oz of cream cheese and 2 cups of chicken broth for the cream-of-soups. I don't use them, and that is my standard substitute. This was a big hit with everyone, even the 5yo who doesn't like chicken and the 3yo who doesn't eat green things. Excellent with a nice spinach salad and vinaigrette,
Made this when my sister in law came to visit. My husband even liked it!!! And he isn't a chicken eater. Went together very easy, made just as written.