Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from someone I knew years ago and it's since been a family favorite. I don't know anyone that doesn't like this dish. Even those that dislike broccoli or curry like it. It's easy to make and so good! This is not a low cal dish and while it can be made with low fat ingredients it's just not as good as when made with the full fat ingredients. Make this when you want to have a cheat day! This is also great the next day...
- 5 -6 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (recommended)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (recommended)
- 1 cup best food's mayonnaise (recommended)
- 1 cup Swanson chicken broth
- 3 -5 tablespoons curry powder, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 head broccoli, enough to cover bottom of dish
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- lays potato chips, crushed (use about 1/2 to 3/4 of regular size bag)
- cooked white rice
- garlic bread
- Bring chicken to a boil with salt, pepper and garlic. Turn to low, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes. Rinse and shred chicken into large pieces (will break up more when stirring into sauce) and set aside.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces and steam till cooked but slightly firm -- will continue to cook a bit in the oven. Put broccoli in the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- In large pot combine soup, mayo, chicken broth, curry powder (use less amount first and add more to your taste). I usually like about 4 T. Add a couple dashes of pepper. Heat over medium till warm. Add shredded chicken.
- Pour soup & chicken mixture over broccoli.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Top with crushed potato chips.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes till bubbly and chips are golden brown.
- Serve over white rice and serve with garlic bread.
Great recipe! I love the chips on top...nice touch. This is an easy recipe to fix...my family loved it and I will make it again and again. This is makes great leftovers too.
This is my second time making this and it is delish !! I make a few changes... instead of boiling the chicken and shredding, I cut 4 chicken breasts into small bite size pieces and cook through in a skillet with some olive oil. I steam the already cut broccoli in a bag in the microwave, and the 2 times we have made we didn't have chips for the top. The way we make it cuts the prep time to about 10 minutes.. so it's a great dinner for after work ! Taste is perfect with 3-4 tablespoons of curry. LOVE this recipe, thanks !!