Recipe by Chabear01
This is out of one of my very favorite Magazines "Country" and it is one of the Winners of their "A Taste of The Country" contests.
Top Review by Chefette2u
Very good! I did add a little Dijon mustard to the filling, as well as a small jar of pimientos. Turned out excellent! Thanks you for a good recipe that will go right into my "make again" file! :)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the milk, eggs and butter. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-inch nonstick skillet. Stir batter; pour 1/4 cup into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, Stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in 2 cups of cheese. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream until smooth.
- Place four broccoli spears and 1/3 cup of chicken down the center of each crepe; top with 1/3 cup of cheese sauce. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Pour remaining cheese sauce over crepes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.