Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this dish when my husband was on the South Beach Diet. It combines some of our favorite flavors in a healthier way.
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend cottage cheese and sour cream in a blender until smooth.
- Add milk, egg, and cheddar cheese to blender and mix ingredients well.
- Set aside cheese mixture.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Add onion, chicken, and garlic to skillet and saute until chicken is done.
- Add tomatoes, broccoli, red pepper flakes, and cumin to skillet and stir to combine.
- Transfer chicken mixture into 9x9 pan.
- Pour cheese mixture over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.