Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I get requests for this dish all the time! It's a great casserole with simple ingredients, enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 -3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can French fried onion rings
- Cut up chicken into small pieces and cook throughly.
- You may want to spice up the chicken with the spices of your choice (pepper, chicken seasonings, etc.) In a bowl, mix the cream of celery, cream of mushroom and mayo together.
- Empty the bag of broccoli into a rectangular casserole dish.
- Spread the cooked chicken evenly over the broccoli.
- Spread the cream of celery, mushroom and mayo mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the entire casserole.
- Cook at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the French onion toppings over the cheese and cook for another 5 mins.
I had this casserole at a church event today and had to see if I could find the recipe for it here :) I loved it and I am glad I found this recipe so I can make it soon myself.
Pretty easy to make; was very rich, will probably try next time with less mayo - thanks for sharing with us!
This one is a regular for us! I usually halve the recipe & use 1 can soup (usu cream of broccoli or brocc cheddar), plus enough mayo to make just enough sauce to cover everything. We love this & I keep the onions on hand so I can make this when the mood strikes!