Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Line two Corningware casseroles, 2½ and 3 qt, with foil, spray with cooking spray.
- Briefly cook broccoli in boiling water until bright green and tender (2-3 min).
- Spread broccoli into each baking dish.
- Layer cubed, cook chicken on top of broccoli.
- Combine cans of cream of chicken soup, mayo, and lemon juice.
- Spread on top of chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees (F).
- Flash freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Remove casseroles, place in freezer bags, label, pack with cheddar cheese.
- Return to freezer.
- To reheat: thaw, reheat, sprinkle with cheese; return to oven and cook for 10 additional minutes.
This is a good, simple casserole recipe. Just enough flavour without being overbearing, and would be easy to modify. I don't like using canned soup, so I used Recipe #78794 Cream of Chicken Soup instead. I also needed to use up some fetta cheese, so I used this instead of cheddar, and really enjoyed the added creaminess. Thanks for a delicious, easy dinner!