My DH's absolute all time favorite meal! He could eat this every night if I let him. I always make this when we have guests, and they ask for the recipe every time! It will be nice to have it on here now so I can just print it out!!! If you freeze this please double the sauce, for some reason it gets a bit dry in the freezer.
- 4 medium chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 medium stalk broccoli, lightly steamed
- 2 cups grated cheese, cheddar or 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, I have used miracle whip once with good results also
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine soup, mayo and broth in a large sauce pan, heat until warm.
- Add cheese, stir until melted.
- Add chicken, rice and broccoli, stir until well blended (if it seems like it needs more liquid add chicken broth or mayo a little at a time). Sometimes I just layer the ingredients: rice, chicken, brocolli, sauce, french fried onions, sprinkle with cheese. Same results.
- Top with a thin layer of french fried onions and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Bake @ 350 until bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.