Recipe by AngelicFantasia
This is a very easy casserole that does not use canned soup. It can divided into smaller casserole dishes and frozen, too. Feel free to add more chicken...I do.
Top Review by danlynclark
Very good recipe. The sauce tasted a lot like cream of chicken soup, which was good, because I hate using the canned stuff with the MSG! I used some organic chicken broth to add more chicken flavour aswell. I served over hot white rice, and it was a hit. Lyn
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 lb chopped broccoli, steamed
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large, heavy pan.
- Add flour, stirring constantly.
- When mixture reaches the boiling point, add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Heat until almost boiling, stirring constantly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Place cooked chicken in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Place broccoli over chicken.
- Pour the white sauce over all.
- Sprinkle top with grated cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.