Recipe by BThomson
Delicious casserole recipe from my mother. Note: Do not use regular, ground breadcrumbs (like those you find in most grocery stores). Using 4 cups of those will make this dish way too "breaddy". I would suggest using a food processor to make your own. Also, if using a 9x13 pan, you will want to increase the amount of the ingredients. I would say by about 1/3. Possibly 1/2.
Top Review by ChloeBaby
This was nice, a great weeknight meal that is quick but still from scratch. To be honest, I was a bit worried about the breadcrumb mixture being on the bottom, but it turned into this glorious gooey cheesy goodness and the kids couldn't get enough of it. I did increase the amounts by about a third as recommended to fit in a 9x13 dish and it came out looking good. It was a bit salty and buttery for my personal taste, but that's me. Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese and melted margarine.
- Line a 7x11 pan with half the above mixture.
- Add broccoli.
- Mix the salt, pepper, 1/4 cup margarine, flour and milk.
- Add cooked chicken into the sauce.
- Pour onto the broccoli.
- Top with the other half of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes and enjoy!