1/2 Photos of Chicken Broccoli Casserole
2 hrs 20 mins
Cassie Hunsicker's Note:
I really love this recipe because my mom used to make it for me as a kid. It originated from my great-grandfather on my dad's side. This recipe has been passed on from generation to generation, and I'm proud to be the next one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and remove organs from young chicken. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Cook for 1.5 hours. Scoop off chicken fat as it cooks. Add water as needed.
- 2After chicken cools, cut about 2 inches off of the bottom of the broccoli stalks. Bring broccoli to a boil in leftover chicken broth, and cook until tender when pierced with a fork.
- 3Pick all white meat (breast, and wings) off of chicken once cooled. Chop chicken and broccoli into small cubes.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 inches x 11 inches pan with butter. Put chopped chicken at the bottom, then layer with the chopped broccoli. Put another layer of chicken and then another layer of chopped broccoli.
- 5Prepare the curry sauce. Mix 2 cups of mayonnaise, 1 cup of milk and about 2 tablespoons of curry powder together in a small bowl. Make sure it has the consistency of thin yogurt.
- 6Pour curry sauce over the casserole. Sprinkle croutons around the edge of the casserole. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle casserole with shredded cheese when finished baking. Cover with aluminum foil until cheese has completely melted. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1220.2
- Calories from Fat 687
- Total Fat 76.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 262.1 mg
- Sodium 1201.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 67.1 g