Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good way to use up leftover chicken! Plus no need for canned cream soups.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 5 cups shredded cooked chicken (approx 1 lb)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Saute onion in butter over medium heat in medium saucepan for 3 minutes. Mix in flour and gradually stir in broth, combining well.
- Gradually add milk to saucepan. Cook, stirring continually until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook noodles for 6 minutes in boiling water. Drain well.
- Spread noodles in a greased casserole dish, place chicken and broccoli over noodles.
- Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.