Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
I combined parts of 2 different recipes to come up with this all-in-one dish. Great for using leftover chicken.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 20 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces French-fried onions
- 12 ounces broccoli, chopped, if frozen, thaw first, if fresh par-cook first
- 1 cup milk
- Cook pasta in water seasoned with the garlic salt according to package directions; drain and rinse with hot water.
- Saute onion in butter until lightly browned.
- Mix all ingredients in 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
the whole reason i taged this was to use up some broccoli before it went bad... turns out i was too late anyways lol so i subbed a can of corn in for this time around. I used elbow noodles and lots more pepper then what was called for. I also only up the french's onions on top instead of mixed in, because i was afraid they wouldnt remain crunchy. We all really enjoyed this and would probally enjoy it much more with broccoli when i make it next time. thanks for a great recipe jennifer
We really liked this. It was easy to make. I wasn't fond of the french-fried onions though. I wouldn't add them in the future. Made exactly as written.
Oh wow, was this good! I used shells because I was out of spaghetti, I used 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cream of celery, a 16 oz. bag of frozen broccoli cuts and I only had one 2.8 oz. can of french-fried onion rings. This is a great weeknight meal because it was simple to throw together and it made a large enough amount to have some leftovers. Thanks for coming up with this one!