Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rice, chicken, broccoli, cheese, and a touch of curry powder in a creamy sauce. What could be better than that? ;-)
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 30 ounces broccoli, chopped and cooked
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded for topping
- Mix all ingredients well, except broccoli.
- Fold in broccoli. Put in a 9x13 pan.
- Top with additional cheese.Bake for 30 mins at 375*.
WOW!!!!!!!!! I have to say that I don't think that there is a casserole out there that got so many wows from my mom, dad, and son! They are so tough to please! I changed up the veggies just a bit: 16oz brocolli, 3 sliced carrots, and about 1 1/2 cups of corn. I also used sharp cheddar cheese for the top, just because they like that better. I'm so glad I tried this and if there were more than 5 stars, I'd hand them right over. Oh, and I made a second one as well, only using motz. cheese and replacing the lemon juice with chicken broth and the curry powder with garlic powder. Should be interesting to see how they like it. But, all that said, I want to say, thanks for the quick easy solution to a family of picky eaters!
This recipe was AWESOME, my family LOVED it. and so did i. I am going to make some tomorrow. THANK YOU!!!
We all loved this recipe. Unusual in my house. It was great. I used cream of asparagus instead of the mushroom soup and it worked well. Thanks for a useful recipe.