1/4 Photos of Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
Prepare this casserole in advance , wrap tightly, and freeze for up to 3 months. Just defrost in the fridge overnight and bake the next day at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or so.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 5 cups cooked chicken, shredded (about 1 1/2#)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli or 1 (10 ounce) package italian style frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups muenster cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease a medium sized casserole dish, set aside.
- 3Saute onion in butter for about 3 minutes.
- 4Mix in flour.
- 5Gradually stir in broth, combining well.
- 6Gradually add milk to the saucepan, and cook stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in salt and pepper.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- 10Add egg noodles, and cook for 6 minutes.
- 11Drain noodles well.
- 12Spread noodles in the prepared baking dish.
- 13Place chicken and broccoli over noodles.
- 14Pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli.
- 15Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- 16Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.6
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 594.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 46.3 g