Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Wow -- there are lots of chicken broccoli casseroles on Zaar but I didn't see one like this tasty version. This is a good recipe to take to a potluck or any time a dish to bring is needed. Adapted from a recipe in a newspaper.
Top Review by AliMoonGoddess
I tried this tonight & its a hit! Love it. Changed the onions to crushed crackers & its fantastic. Thanks for the recipe.
Here is my experience with this recipe. http://tasteofmoongoddess.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/comfort-me/
I have to say it will be made again, probably many times!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut up
- 6 ounces French-fried onions
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a 9-by-13-inch pan or large casserole dish. Layer broccoli on top.
- In a saucepan, combine soup, milk, cheese and margarine; heat until thick. Pour sauce over broccoli.
- Sprinkle with French fried onions and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until broccoli is tender and dish is hot.