Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious family favorite! This has been in my husband's family for three generations. It is one of those dishes that is even great as leftovers!
- 2 large chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped in bite size pieces
- 8 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry
- 2 cups croutons
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Layer ingredients evenly in order above in a glass 13x9" pan.
- Cook 45 minutes to an hour.
- Broil until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- To freeze: leave cheese off, wrap in a couple layers of plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
- To defrost: allow to defrost overnight in your fridge then at least 1/2 hour on the counter. Add cheese when ready to bake.
This was tasty. Would be good with a layer of cooked rice as well. Good curry flavor. A little creamy for my husband, but he's anti-creamy stuff :) We froze it for a OAMC session, including the cheese, and was fine, some of the croutons were a little soggy though.
A new favorite! I used more croutons than called for, just 'cause we love croutons. The curry was unexpectedly good.
When I saw this, I had to try it. My family loves anything with curry it it. Very easy dinner! We will make this again and again.