Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are great for cannelloni but you can also buy wonton wrappers or make fresh pasta to make ravioli. Simply boil the ravioli after assembling. Do not over stuff (a tsp to a 1 1/2 tsp should be more than enough) for about 3-5 minutes. I usually take one out after 3 minutes and try it to avoid over cooking. Cover with the tomato mixture, and parmesan to taste
tomato cream sauce (see directions)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, large
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, and diced (cooked)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- 30 cannelloni tubes, oven ready, exact amount may vary
- Melt butter and whisk in flour, add milk, bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes. and simmer.
- In skillet with butter, cook onions till translucent.
- Add chicken and broccoli , mushrooms and ½ of the cheese plus one cup of tomato mixture.
- Fill cannelloni with mixture and put in baking dish (you may need two) Pour remainder of sauce over the cannelloni and top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 – 40 minutes.
T-A-S-T-Y!! I used wonton wrappers instead of cannelloni (sp?)and just kind of eyeballed the amounts. I wasn't sure about draining the tomatoes or not...but everything worked out really well. I added a little goat cheese to the filling at the end. (love the chevre) and it was lovely. I could have eated the whole thing by myself and told the family that I didn't cook!! Ok, I couldn't have eaten it ALL!! It was really good and would be perfect for company. Thanks Chef at Heart
This was another first for me, working with cannelloni tubes, but once I got the hang of it, it all went together smoothly. This very tasty dish makes for a nice presentation, too! And rave, rave, rave, all over the place ~ You'd think I'd done something OUTSTANDING! Come to think of it....!! Thanks for sharing this very nice treasure!
This dish is perfect for a dinner party as it's filling and looks great. I made it into a Cannelloni. I halved the serving and didn't change any of the ingredient. I had a little trouble with the instructions but it all worked out with the help from Chef at Heart. Thank you Chef at Heart this was a very yummy dinner