1/1 Photo of Chicken & Broccoli Cannelloni
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe came in a Milk calendar a few years back. It looks time consuming but really it is quite easy to put together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained and pureed
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups leftover cooked chicken, diced (or cooked turkey or ham)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 12 cannelloni tubes or 12 manicotti, cooked according to package directions
- 1Melt butter in med saucepan.
- 2Whisk in flour.
- 3Cook 2 or 3 minutes, stirring but not browning.
- 4Whisk in milk.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat.
- 7Simmer gently 5 minutes.
- 8Whisk in pureed tomatoes, salt& pepper.
- 9Cook 5 minutes.
- 10Melt butter in a skillet.
- 11Cook onions until tender.
- 12Add mushrooms.
- 13Cook until any moisture evaporates.
- 14Add chicken and broccoli.
- 15Add half the cheese, salt& pepper.
- 16Stir in 1 cup tomato cream sauce from step 1.
- 17Fill cooked cannelloni with chicken mixture.
- 18Arrange in bottom of a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- 19Pour sauce over top.
- 20Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 21Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 oven for 30-40 minutes until bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Broccoli Cannelloni
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.3
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 453.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: