Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Haven't tried yet.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with equal parts water
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and onion until soft and translucent.
- Increase heat to high. Add chicken and marinade, then stir-fry until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in water, pepper and sugar.
- Add bok choy and broccoli, and cook stirring until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture, and cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
I got this recipe off of another website several yrs ago and it is a staple at our house. My son loves it sooo much that we've nicknamed this "Jamie's dish". I can't really recommend this meal nearly enough! And either could Jamie.